[DeTomaso] NPC: Paris moto-taxis and near death experiences

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 15:05:55 EDT 2009

Only been to Paris once but I've had the same experience with taxis in
Naples. The right front seat in those taxi is referred to as the 'Death seat' by
most sailors. Having consumed a couple of beers in the traditional
'Survivors Party' upon landing from our transatlantic flight in P-3s, we made a
large mistake going into town: we hired three taxis and told them, 'the first
one to the Hotel Norge gets a big tip'. In the downtown areas, they use the
SIDEWALKS as passing lanes.... slowing to only 35-40 mph for safety, of
course. Must be a Mediterranian thing- thanks for the memories- J Deryke