[DeTomaso] Chevy in & out of Panteras or Engine Psychology Today

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 14:46:56 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/17/09 3:20:08 PM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I recall reading YEARS ago that someone totalled a Ferrari Datona that
> was part of the Harrah's collection.  They put the V12 in a Jeep Wagoneer or
> something like that.

Bill Harrah's famous "Jerrari". In a recent Hot Rod magazine, a show-car
guy put a late Ferrari engine and transaxle into a Nash Rambler, mid-engined.
He anticipated trouble getting the computer to work, so he called the
factory in Maranello for info. The transatlantic phone conversation went like
this- "Hi, I've got one of your 355 Ferrari engines in my Nash Rambler,
and....CLICK!!!"
Bottom line: don't expect factory support for your exotic engine into an
'other' car! Cheers- J Deryke