[DeTomaso] Chevy in & out of Panteras or Engine

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 18 13:54:05 EDT 2009

I, for one, have no plan, nor see any reason, to convert "The Beast" back to a Cleveland from it's current SBC.
The small block revs like crazy, generates allot of smooth power and helps the weight distribution. I wouldn't dare take my 351c to the rpms the sbc regularly lives at.
Not only that, but if I keep having troubles with the 351c in The Winged Warrior I may convert to an LS crate motor.
For a model that has been heavily modified from it's inception I don't see the conversion to a modern engine as blasphemy.

Dan
Dan F. Courtney

La Jolla, CA

(858) 551-5455 Phone