[DeTomaso] Holley Carb Air Bleed Advice Request

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 09:44:20 EDT 2009

I'm starting to make progress on setting up my Holley 750.
I understand it a little better and have an idea on how to do some things.

But, I don't know what to do with the air bleeds.

Holley 750 DP Mechanical Secondary No choke w/adjustable air bleeds
About 10in vacuum at 1200rpm idle on a 351C

I live at sealevel, but plan to open road race in the 3000-5000ft elevation.
I'm using the Innovate Motorsports A/F meter to monitor and adjust the carb.
I plan to rejet as necessary for the change in elevation,
but have NO CLUE what to do with the air bleeds.

Even though Holley sells this carb with replaceable air bleeds,
their instructions say don't change them....?????

Any suggestions??????