[DeTomaso] Chevy in & out of Panteras or Engine Psychology Today

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 02:25:08 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/17/09 1:13:25 PM, hemipanter at hemipanter.se writes:

> See, I cant afford it! That’s the way life runs. But a Pantera build up
> With such engine will put the car on the map, no doubt. I put in question If
> the car needs a gearbox, just a higher stall converter and a final drive.

That would probably work. Interestingly, 50 years ago Joe Schubeck and
POCA's Joe Moore were on the same pro drag-race team and knew each other
personally. Somewhere around the mess I call my office is a photo of Joe Moore
(with hair!) in his aluminum hemi-head big-block Ford dragster, idling it
through the pits in So-Cal with no helmet and no seat belts. Rules were looser
back then, for sure.   Relative to today's computerized missles, Joe's dragster
looks like a kids toy with 800 horses in it! Cheers- J Deryke