[DeTomaso] ABS Calipers vs. NON-ABS Calipers

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Wed Jun 17 20:10:33 EDT 2009

Jack, I didn't realize the pistons were stainless and just assumed that they
would be pitted all to hell and figured it wasn't worth it. I've rebuilt quite a
few calipers over the years...you just gotta make sure your fingers aren't near
the pistons when you apply the compressed air. Not a big deal as long as
the pistons aren't pitted and the caliper is not corroded around the seals.
If I have to start replacing pistons or calipers or for that matter even rotors,
I would probably opt for, newer, bigger, better ,if I have to spend the money
anyway.

Thanks for the great information.

Best regards,

Tom Borcich