[DeTomaso] When Shelby passes

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Wed Jun 17 14:05:21 EDT 2009

In 1991, our local Mustang Club hosted the International Mustang meet.
  This was a right around the time Shelby had received his new pump.
We had several t-shirts signed by him while he was in the hospital
that we sold at the event.

During the final auction of the night, we had one more t-shirt with
his signature.  At auction, that t-shirt sold for $400.  I was amazed.
  Today that t-shirt might not fetch as much.  But I often wonder, as
I have one of those signed event t-shirts, never worn, kept in a safe
place.  Criminy, after seeing one go for $400, I couldn't bring myself
to put the darn thing on.

I have no idea what it would go for if I put it on ebay.

Asa Jay