[DeTomaso] headlight rings/brakes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jun 17 12:45:04 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/17/09 3:57:30 AM, cdifani at pacbell.net writes:

> Another thought is that there are other manufacturers of rotors besides
> Wilwood.

Absolutely agree. I personally use Brembo rotors (OEM on Porsche and
others), but Brembo doesn't make one that specifically fits the Pantera. So you
need a hat-adapter and its hardware, plus some machining to make Brembos fit
our rear hubs. The vendors have this all figured out so you don't reinvent
the wheel, so-to-speak. And FWIW, mixing BRANDS of rotors on a car can also
cause problems because each batch of cast iron has its own coefficient of
friction. A single brand-new rotor in front can make the brakes pull to one side
due to this phenomenon. Some shops won't replace just one rotor, on either
end of a car. My 2¢- J Deryke