[DeTomaso] Chevy in & out of Panteras or Engine Psychology Today

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jun 16 23:17:44 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/16/09 5:10:17 PM, cengles at cox.net writes:

> I can't really understand the gravitation *back* to the original 351C
> configuration after all the cost and effort to make the Chevy change.   Do you
> have an understanding and some sort of psycho-social-engine-ethnic
> (babble) explanation for this weirdness?

Nope. The easy-to-reach distributor thing went away with reliable
electronic ignitions for all engines. The only reasons I can guess is, Panteras are
simply worth more with a 351-C in them. So it may not be psychological at all
-only economics. That and the fact that Ford threw away the performance
dominance of their engines in the late '60s when Hank The Deuce had yet another
of his snits and summarily pulled Ford out of all High Performance, so
virtually everything that runs had a Chevy in it, and the total appearance
is.... boring. Whats that? Another SBC? Yawn... anyone for coffee?. FWIW- J
Deryke