[DeTomaso] RENO Fernley Track Event was great

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Tue Jun 16 15:19:04 EDT 2009

For those of you who missed the Track Day in Fernley during the Reno Fun
Rally, I HIGHLY recommend you try it the next time it happens.  This was
just too much fun!

At the very least you should give the $20 (read cheap) noon-time
drive-through a try.  This was a near half hour of being able to drive your
car through the track at a much faster pace than expected.

The newbie price of only $125 per day for Group C entrants was a steal.
This was my first time at a track event, so I don't have a reference for
comparison, but it sure seemed to me that Larry Finch, Mike Drew, Mark
McWhinney, the instructors and corner workers did a fantastic job of
managing the event (apologies if I left any names out).

I drove my Pantera from the Seattle area, down to Reno, ran it at the track
and drove it home (about 1800 total miles).  So to borrow a term from Mad
Dog, I'm calling all you who brought your car to the Fun Rally, but didn't
run it at the track, SLACKERS.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505