[DeTomaso]   ls7 in pantera

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jun 15 15:38:17 EDT 2009

All good info. But LS-series Chevys as asked about in the post are
way-different in almost all respects from the earler LT-series engines, so I
personally wouldn't attack such a swap without a band saw and TIG welder handy. And
I would have the exact year and size of LS-series engine I was going to use
when buying adapters and other parts. GM's 'new' LS engine design has
finally incorporated most of the 1969 351-C's advantages (as well as copying some
of the modular Ford engine's features), but there are still strange (in
Ford terms) things going on in the bolt-together areas. Good luck and try to
make the swap a bolt-in, as most engine swaps into Panteras are eventually
reversed. Cheers- J Deryke