[DeTomaso] Power window gear

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon Jun 15 09:43:08 EDT 2009

Dear Tom,

I just went through this on my late '74. I strongly recommend going to Chuck Melton's site and check the tech section for an excellent illustrated step-by-step article. I also recommend going to Mike Dailey's Pantera Place site for a slight different but equally excellent how-to-do-it article. It really is a straight forward job once you're armed with the knowledge gleaned from those two resources.

In my case, it turned out that my late '74 already had a brass gear, but the grease had turned to hardened schmutz. It simply required disassembly, simple cleaning and regreasing and it works better than it ever did. Good luck and good wrenching.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles