[DeTomaso] Dumb tool question: magnetic inductance heater

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Fri Jun 12 10:22:12 EDT 2009

I've used one to separate the exhaust system on my daily driver. When I installed a trailer hitch there was insufficient clearance at the tailpipe. I used the heater to free the exhaust joint in the rear axle area, twisted the end pipe a little and was good to go. The exhaust system was the original and had been on the car about ten years. Pretty impressive. The heater main unit was the size of a good size three phase MIG welder. This size heater is around 10 kUSD new here. I can't say if the 2 kUSD units would be up to the same tasks. I have a feeling that the difference is like the difference between a one phase and three phase welder.

Tomas