[DeTomaso] NPC: Koenigsegg buys SAAB from GM

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Jun 11 17:53:26 EDT 2009

Dave Londry skrev:
> Wow!
> How could they swallow that Thomas?

I think many are shaking their heads. It is one thing running a niche
business with 50 employees, and a full grown car company, that has shown
a profit one year in twenty or so.

Apparently a consortium of Norwegian investors is behind the deal.

Personally I believe the only way would be to transform SAAB into a high
end niche marque as well. There are just too many makers of similar mass
market cars.

It seems the really high end makers, like Koenigsegg, are not affected
by the economic down-turn. Those who can afford the cars in good times
have enough to afford them also in bad times.

Btw, Porsche has been trying to take over the VW group for a while, but
I believe they are currently going through a merger instead.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21