[DeTomaso] Long throw slave - clutch pedal feel?

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Jun 9 09:45:30 EDT 2009

Dan, the long-T cylinder is nothing but a smaller diameter cylinder.
it dosent matter if you use a larger master for the same effect.
what happens is that the slave runs a longer distance for the same
pedal travel, OR, you could as well say that you end up with a slave
that travels FASTER for the same pedal speed. This makes the
engagement contact moment more harsh. The only thing to do is to run
soft pads, marcel spring and centre clutch spring. As long as the
master dosent leak, it is no idea to overhaul it for engagemet
reasons.
Goran

I now have a long throw slave cylinder.
It's requiring more pressure to depress, which I expected.
I'm also now getting "instantaneous" clutch dis-engagement, about 3/4 of
the way back up.
It seems to be getting worse and has caused me to stall a couple of
times (always just when the chick's are checking out the car, nice).
Is this typical for this long throw?
Or should I re-build the master?

Dan