[DeTomaso] NPC air speed. indicators

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:42:36 EDT 2009

i'm not a pilot but I think I know the asnwer... a gps gives you
groundspeed. a plane isn't kept aloft by the ground - its airflow. In
a 100 mph headwind a small plane could have groundspeed of zero and
stay aloft.

what's important is the airflow around the wings/plane, not how much
ground you are covering.

Or so it seems to me..