[DeTomaso] trying to get my messages posted

deserttwist at juno.com deserttwist at juno.com
Mon Jun 8 16:17:13 EDT 2009

Deryke, We bought the car the end of Jan 08, off of CoParts in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca in an auction. The car had been wrecked smashing the front hood and passengers front fender. The motor was out of the car and several interior parts also. Just seeing pictures of items we bid on it and bought it.  When it arrived we discouvered there was no transmission. Never owning a Pantera before had no idea how much a trans was. We secured one from Pantera Performance, thank you Dennis, and a lot of other parts. Dennis has been a great help along the way to recovery. The engine needed help also, my husband having raced at the drag strip has totally rebuilt the engine with a stroker kit, new edlebrock heads, and on and on. It is now being put on the fire up stand today!  The car has been repaired with great expertise by Chris Jones who ownes C.A.R. Autobody, not to far from where we live. He specialzes in European cars, Cobra's and the such. We are changing colors from yellow to black. The car will be back to us the end of June so that we can install the engine and new trans. Hopefully we will be ready to go to Hot August Nights in Reno the first week of August. I have so enjoyed all your conversations over the last year. We hope to be able to join in on all the fun. Thanks Sue