[DeTomaso] ???

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Mon Jun 8 14:14:59 EDT 2009

Oh lordy, Jack.  Now you have done it.

Is it Alessandro or Alejandro?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_de_Tomaso

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] On Behalf Of JDeRyke at aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 10:46 AM
To: eanderson at geotracinternational.com; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] ???

In a message dated 6/8/09 9:27:35 AM, eanderson at geotracinternational.com
writes:

> The reason I asked is that I have two sets of new neighbours - both from
> Texas.  They were both familiar with the marquee, but pronounced the name
> as DAY Tomaso.  Maybe it's a Texas thing?

Maybe not. This stuff is personal; you mat pronounce your name any way you
please as long as its spelled as it is on your birth certificate. I have a
thank-you letter in my files from the late '80s when I sent Alessandro a
Nor-Cal tee shirt for his birthday, to wear during his therapy sessions when he
was recovering from a broken leg received from his Bennelli 6 motorcycle. In
the letter, he signed it De Tomaso -with a space. My articles have always
and will continue to use that format- until he tells me different. FWIW- J
Deryke

Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at
your fingertips.