[DeTomaso] What I've learned today . . .

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Sat Jun 6 20:48:24 EDT 2009

A car will run forever until 3 days before vacation. (second time this year)

The support plate you welded in the car last night pretty much covers the access plate for the fuel pump.

Fuel filters: easy to do in the cool morning - five screws, 3 bolts, 4 hose clamps (you don't double clamp everything?) at trip to O'reilleys where you learn the fuel pump is 8x the cost of a fuel filter; then reverse.

The warranty on the fuel pump in not valid without the "sock" - O'reilley's doesn't sell the sock.

One person can take the top off a miata.

Most folks can't live without a "Pocket Hercules"  (magnet on a stick), I own 3 or 4.

Today I learned why they say "depressurize the system"  and why more than once.

Racing legend says you never need a spare or a tool on a trip if you have it, everything I've touched the last month goes traveling.

I can say "copulating Ford" in 9 languages and backwards (Driver Returns on Foot).

When you replace the cover plate for the fuel tank (holds sending unit, fuel pump) gas WILL spray everywhere for no reason you can think of  . . .

The smell of gas never goes away, even in a roadster.

Whenever you disconnect two of anything, ask yourself if you can figure out which one goes where.  No you didn't.

and on, and on and on . . . . .