[DeTomaso] Worn distr. gear symptoms ?

PersoCaddy at aol.com PersoCaddy at aol.com
Sat Jun 6 14:26:40 EDT 2009

Hi, My car has no power off idle, have to go to 2,000 rpm's to  move from
stop sign. I have a solid roller cam, and the damn bronze gear. The  car will
idle ok, and once going has lots of power, but it bucks slightly  at  3,000
rpm's I have a vac gauge and it show  steady 15 at idle.  This has happened
over the last 2 times the car is out, started to show up on  second day at
POCONO. Car has been sitting for 2 weeks and started right up, but  will not
idle unless it is warm air temp is 70 F. I have about 800  miles  on gear.
I have the ICE gear from Australia to put on next. The carb is  underjetted
by about 3 numbers. Demon 750 mech. sec. I sure hope its not the  gear as
that is a pain to change. The carb had to use all of the idle circuit to  run
at right setting on my on board O2 meters, So I am hoping that's it, but in
the back of my alleged mind I think its the gear. Pat Orlando 1972 Yellow
Pantera S/N 4011
**************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile
device for under $50. Take a Peek!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100122638x1221845911x1201401556/aol?redir=http://www.getpeek.com/aol)