[DeTomaso] Brilliant tow hook solution

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 6 01:30:12 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/5/09 21 58 39, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> That would make a very nice tow hook for strapping down the Pantera to a
> trailer.  However, I just checked the Pantera in my garage, and that
> bolt sits above the bottom of the rear valence, so I certainly wouldn't
> want it used to pull me out of an off road excursion, unless my valance
> was already hammered up.
>
>>>Ah, bummer!   I wonder why that wasn't evident on the car that I was
looking at in Italy?

Having just gone out and looked at my own car, I can see that you are
exactly right.   No workee. :<(

I suppose you could choose to drill holes through the main chassis rail
between the sway bar mounts, and have the hook hanging beneath the sway bar;
that would certainly clear the bodywork, at the expense of any bling-bling De
Tomaso logo plaque you might have there....

> I should have taken a photo of the tie-down loops that are on Mad Dog's
> Pantera.  If I recall, they were done by Dick Drenske.  I can't remember
> if they were bolted on or welded on.  I'm  sure Dennis will pipe up here
> in a minute or two.
>
>>>And I'm sure he'll provide detailed photos too.