[DeTomaso] Fuel Pressure

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 13:00:23 EDT 2009

BIG OPPS on my part,

Thinking about it, vacuum is negative pressure.  If you have 10 inches Hg at idle (equal to about -5 PSI or about 10 PSIA) and you punch it and the vacuum drops to zero, the MAP goes from 10 PSIA to 14.7 PSIA.  To have the same fuel flow as a function of injector period, the fuel pressure would have to rise 5 PSI to overcome increase in intake manifold absolute pressure (MAP).  So it may be bad if fuel pressure drops just when it needs to go up .

Maybe a smart ECU deals with this?

Ken