[DeTomaso] shift continued

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jun 5 00:53:46 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/4/09 20 52 37, tpoemer at gmail.com writes:

> I am attempting to turn the nut in the correct direction. So far it will
> not
> budge. The turn buckle will also not move. You were right. When the
> forward
> nut is tightened all is like before. I'll have to get some help pulling on
> one wrench while I do the other. My wife doesn't think this is fun.
>
>>>Spritz the frozen half of the turnbuckle liberally with Liquid Wrench
and let it soak overnight.   Then you need to use your most mondo 22mm
wrenches on the turnbuckle and the nut (remembering that it's opposite direction,
righty loosey).

In the past, I've seen people resort to three-foot lengths of pipe slid
over the ends of the two wrenches, to afford sufficient leverage to pop the
locknut free.   Two strong people, pulling from opposite sides of the car, then
BLAM and it pops free.   Pad the car heavily with old blankets etc. to
prevent any damage from occurring.

> What would we do if everything was always right....no problems?

>>>We would all be bored to death!

Mike

Mortgage rates dropped. Record lows. $200,000 for $1,029/mo
Fixed. LendingTree®
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222627882x1201465404/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.lendingtree.com%2Fborrower%2Falliance%2Ffrom.a
sp%3Fwhereto%3Dpromopagev3%26promo%3D00279%26loan%5Ftype%3D2%26source%3D2889
570%26esourceid%3D2889570%26800num%3D1%2D800%2D289%2D3915%26AdType%3D2)