[DeTomaso] One Pantera not making it to Reno

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Thu Jun 4 18:03:42 EDT 2009

Well, crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went out to warm the engine to change the oil, and while it was warming
up, it sounded as though it just wasn't running smoothly.  I had also given
the coolant it's first fill, and was going to burp the system after it had a
chance to cool.

Hearing the off beat, and noticing the temp gage going up a little faster
than normal, I shut the car down, and as I was walking around the back of
it, I heard a hissing sound coming from the engine.  As I traced the hiss,
and look a little closer, there was coolant bubbling out between the right
cylinder head and the block!!!

This is a fairly new motor with only about 1500-2000 miles on it.  I'm
assuming I have a bad head gasket, and there is no way I can get this fixed
in time for the trip.  I simply don't have the knowledge or time at this
point.

DAMN IT!!!!

So, it looks like Panteras Northwest will be down one Pantera for the trip.
The Acura it will have to be.

Mike Thomas