[DeTomaso] DeTomaso vs deTomaso vs De Tomaso vs de Tomaso....

Roland Jaeckel detomaso at gmx.com
Thu Jun 4 08:51:02 EDT 2009

That's what Santiago has said.
Do you really beleive he knows, what his father wanted ??

De Tomaso or detomaso or DeTomaso.
The company is dead and not in the hands of Santiago.
He isn't ever allowed to name his company as one of this.
That's why it is called AutoMo.

At least, i don't care

Roland Jaeckel

Hi guys,

After receiving a suprising number of requests from individuals to get
clarification on one issue, while I was in Modena I cornered Santiago de Tomaso
to ask him this question:

"How is 'De Tomaso' supposed to be spelled, in the various circumstances?"

Here's the answer, straight from the horse's mouth.

When you're talking about a PERSON, the last name is spelled thusly:   "de
Tomaso".   Two words, small "D", as in "Santiago de Tomaso"

When you're talking about the COMPANY, or the products of that company,
it's spelled thusly:   "De Tomaso".   Two words, big "D", as in "De Tomaso
Pantera"

Never 'deTomaso', or 'DeTomaso'.

So there you go.   You can all go forth and update your various websites
etc. accordingly. :>)