[DeTomaso] DeTomaso vs deTomaso vs De Tomaso vs de Tomaso....

www.DeTomasoRegistry.org Pantera007 at provamo.com
Wed Jun 3 22:13:50 EDT 2009

Laurie FeRrarri (grin),

How does this pass the (Italian) American-English rule?

Chuck

Hi guys,

After receiving a suprising number of requests from individuals to get
clarification on one issue, while I was in Modena I cornered Santiago de Tomaso
to ask him this question:

"How is 'De Tomaso' supposed to be spelled, in the various circumstances?"

Here's the answer, straight from the horse's mouth.

When you're talking about a PERSON, the last name is spelled thusly:   "de
Tomaso".   Two words, small "D", as in "Santiago de Tomaso"

When you're talking about the COMPANY, or the products of that company,
it's spelled thusly:   "De Tomaso".   Two words, big "D", as in "De Tomaso
Pantera"

Never 'deTomaso', or 'DeTomaso'.

So there you go.   You can all go forth and update your various websites
etc. accordingly. :>)

Mike

Shop Inspiron, Studio and XPS Laptops at Dell.com
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222616459x1201464730/aol?redir=http:%2F%2F
ad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215218145%3B37264238%3Bd)