[DeTomaso] NPC: 1995 McLaren Burns to the Ground

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 22:08:27 EDT 2009

Hving had a similar expierience with a 911 Porsche ( for allot less money)
With a "stated value insurance policy " the insurance company will let you
insure your car for just about any amount that seems reasonable and not
requiere you to prove  the cars valur\e until you have a claim. But when
that day comes they don't really care what your policy says you have to
prove what your car is worth . With an exotic car they have the option to
replace the car with a comparable car if you can't agree on the insured
value. The logic being If you claim that your car is worth $3,000,000 but
the insurance company can find one that is comparable to what your car was (
similar condition etc. ) that they can buy for $2,000,000  you are going to
settle for closer to $2,000,000 then $3,000,000 or you are going to get a
new car instead ( known as a substitution of collateral if the vehicle were
financed). When my 911 was stolen I had to itemize every item to bring it up
to the stated value policy that I had. I had custom wheels that were $500
each and the SOB's lowered my value because they said that stock factory
wheels cost more money! (The fact that I still had the stock wheels and the
custom wheels were an additional expense didn't make any difference to the
insurance company.  And don't bother to claim any high dollar radar detector
or laser detector. I had a built in radar detector with front and rear
sensors and led indicators built into the dash . Insurance companies will
not pay for anything that is designed to help you go faster then the law
allows !Boyd