[DeTomaso] Alignment Questions

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Tue Jun 2 22:58:24 EDT 2009

     I just installed a rebuilt steering rack that I bought from Steve Wilkinson,  nice looking piece by the way.  I'm looking for alignment specs.  I see that the Ford/Pantera technical manual lists the specs as follows:
     Front Wheels Camber 1/8 negative to 1/8 positive
        "          "     Toe In 1/8 inch
     Back Wheels Camber 3/8 to 5/8 negative
        "          "     Toe In 1/8 to 3/16

     I realize that I need all the caster I can get at the front end.  I see that three of these four settings list a range of adjustment.  Should I be shooting for specific numbers?  Any recommendations as to what settings to ask for?  I'm planning to have this done first thing in the morning.

Thanks,
Art