[DeTomaso] Fw: Exhaust Valve Not Closing?

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Mon Jun 1 15:13:39 EDT 2009

Garth,
     I have spun a rod bearing before and this does not sound like that.  I have stuck exhaust valves before and this sounds the same.
         - What gear were you going to when you missed the shift?
                  I was making a wide open one/two shift from a rolling start while going straight.  I normally lift just enough to make the shift.

         - Does your car have the stock oil pan?
                 Yes.

         - Does it make the noise only when revving the engine? Or anytime you cruise over a certain RPM?
                 It has not yet made the noise while cruising,  but I haven't cruised much over 4000 rpm recently.

         - Does it sound like ball bearings being shaken in a can?
                 No.

         - Does it only make sound on acceleration or deceleration, or both?
                 Both.

        Thanks,
        Art