[DeTomaso] Who makes a replacement De lta wing for a  GT5/GT5-S?

Peter Havlik phavlik at pris.ca
Mon Jun 1 14:39:59 EDT 2009

The reason the wing would fail in the middle is because there is a
seam there between the two sheets of aluminum. They are not bonded
together in any way. There is only the thin layer of fiberglass that
spans the gap underneath, and the body filler above.

I thought some tests had been done on the wing that showed it is not
high enough to be in clean airflow and, therefore, contributed only
drag? The Swedish guys did some tuft airflow testing and I wonder
what that showed about the efficacy of the wing.
http://www.detomaso.nu/bilder/tufttesting/

Goran Malmberg certainly had sufficient doubts to the point where he
extended his struts and relocated his wing higher.
http://hem.passagen.se/hemipanter/

Is there some definitive, final word on this somewhere? I would love
to see any actual proper aerodynamic testing that may have been done
specifically on the factory wing.

- Peter