[DeTomaso] Passenger Outside Mirror

Myron Zadony MZadony at fleetresponse.com
Mon Jun 1 12:54:22 EDT 2009

Hi All,  I need some help with my passenger mirror.  I bought it four or five years ago from Hall Pantera.  I should have taken apart my driver's mirror & looked how the factory installed it, & done it that way, but NO I followed Hall's install procedure & drilled two 3/16 holes in my door sills to install #0-1032 Wellnuts in them & then screw the mirror in.  That lasted for about four months.  The mirror started to wable, so I thightend the two phillips screws & stripped the wellnuts.  I called & talked to Bev & asked for two more Wellnuts, and she said I would have to order another mirror.  All I wanted was just the Wellnuts.

I had enough of the wable in the mirror, so I took it apart.  There are two parts to this Wellnut, the rubber gromet & a brass smooth nut that fits into the gromet & the screw goes thru the gromet & screws it self into the brass smooth nut.  The question is;  Is that brass nut pressed in top or middle or bottom of the rubber gromet ?

Can I just buy two #0-1032 Wellnuts some where ?  I guess I have to use those Wellnut because of the 3/16 holes in the door.  It would have been much easier to just drill some small holes & use two metal screws to attach the mirror just like the factory did.  But I am screwed.  Sorry for the rant.  Myron # 6928 the other guy in Cleveland.