[DeTomaso] Help on a Front Plate & Removing a Dimple

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Mon Jun 1 00:51:32 EDT 2009

Well 1 A/F meter, 2 jet changes and 5 metering rod changes later, I have
civilized A/F ratios coming through my 800 cfm carburetor.

So, the next thing I need to get along with the law is a front plate.
6143 has a pre-L-like front end and a small dam - here it is on the POCA
album.
http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2874?g2_GALLERYSID=81e17622735473cde4022c6a42259c26

Can anyone suggest a mount that's not too gross?

The other is a bad thing that that I can't really talk about yet. (the
denial stage isn't over)
The resident moron (me) put a 1/4 in deep dimple in the roof about 5" in
front of the right rear-deck hinge.
I can't see any way to get in there, so the only idea I have is to to
drill a hole, about 1/2",
through the bottom side of the section, and work it out with a hardwood
dowel and a heat gun.
(and then put a 1/2" plug in the hole)

Now, could someone suggest a better way, because mine seems pretty ratty.

tks
dave

--
Dave Londry