[DeTomaso] Handling Problem

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 30 14:07:24 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/30/09 9 57 28, artstephens at verizon.net writes:

> Sure enough the problem was caused by the mismatched rear tires.  I
> switched the rears from right to left and the symptoms were the opposite.  The
> circumference only differed by about 7/16".  I had never experienced this
> before,  would the same thing happen on a vehicle with a live rear axle?
> Thanks to all who responded.

It would happen on any vehicle, period.

When I bought my latest Scirocco, it had a bit of a pull to one direction.
 Turns out the prior owner had rotated the tires without noticing that four
tires were one size, and the fifth tire was one size larger, and that
larger tire was on the front end (i.e. a driven wheel).   That was enough to
screw up the response under acceleration and braking.   Swapping the bad one out
fixed it instantly.