[DeTomaso] rear suspension survey

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 30 12:35:44 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/30/09 9 29 48, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Chris is supposed to take care of
> the switch to the new rotor for me so I will ask him to upgrade to the
> wider
> ball bearing as described in your informative article.
>
>>>He'll need the special $75 socket in order to take your stuff apart, one
of which I happen to own.   It will be nice for me to be able to help out
Chris for a change; I've lost track of all the ways he's helped me out with
specialized machine work etc. over the years.

Just this week I had a pair of ball joints up there, which he machined in
order to allow a caster increase, and to allow the fitment of a camber lock
kit to Lori Albino's '71 Pantera (the '71 cars had different front A-arms,
and used no alignment shims; as a result it's impossible to install the camber
lock kit without first modifying the ball joints).   He chucked them in his
mill, knocked .100" off each end, and away I went.

Damn useful guy to have around, that Chris, and I'm fortunate to be able to
count on him for stuff like this.