[DeTomaso] rear suspension survey

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:28:10 EDT 2009

Mike,
 I should have thought to write to you first. As usual you have the answer !
It is an interesting coincidence that you just wrote this article. I am
upgrading my brakes and since as you know that entails the disassembling of
the aforementioned parts it seemed like the opportune time to do something
about the poorly designed ball bearing . I did happen to spot the roller
bearing parts listed at the vendors you mentioned and I almost fell off my
crutches when I saw the price. And that's before I knew about the required
machining to implement the modification. Chris is supposed to take care of
the switch to the new rotor for me so I will ask him to upgrade to the wider
ball bearing as described in your informative article. Thanks again for
being you.
Boyd