[DeTomaso] Comp Cam Kits

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Thu Jul 30 11:59:22 EDT 2009

Any one had experience with the Comp Cams kits. I'm finishing up my heads
and need springs, keepers, retainers, teflon seals, pushrods, a timing set,
studs, cam and lifters. Everything matched for $485 through Summit.
They're Xtreme Energy are Hydralic Flat Tappet cam kits that looks pretty good.
Any feedback on quality of their products?

The one issue that I have is they have an LSA=110 on all their in stock Cleveland
cams vs. 106 that Dan Jones suggests. Its only 4 degrees but the 106 brings
the torque to a lower rpm...obviously a benefit for the cleveland. I'm going
to check if they will make the cam with a specific grind.

Regards,

Tom