[DeTomaso] Handling Problem

dickruzzindesign dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Wed Jul 29 16:15:00 EDT 2009

Chuck,, I am sure Mike will answer this very well, but I will put my 2 cents in as I have just discovered it myself.

Imagine looking down at your car from above.
imagine a line down the center of the body, front to rear.
Imagine another  line, at a right angle to the centerline of the rear wheels, side to side.

This line also travels close to or on the imaginary body centerline.  The difference between the two is the thrust angle.
My car, which tracked very well, had a thrust angle of +.014.
After alignment it now is +0.02.(0.02 degrees to the right side, a -0.02 would have been to the left side.)
With a hand made body from 1969 that is different from side to side I feel that is pretty good.
The technician who did the alignment on a Hunter digital / laser machine took into account three components:
First, the rear wheel alignment, one to the other,
Then, the front suspension alignment, one to the other,
Then, the overall relationship to the body.

I drove the car a short distance, it felt great.
It still may need some tweeking after I have some experience with it for several days. I am sure that after this subjective experience and my description of any deficiencies, he will tell know exactly what to do to make the correction or corrections.
--
All the best, Dick Ruzzin.