[DeTomaso] Handling Problem

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Wed Jul 29 14:11:42 EDT 2009

Dick my thought was is that the current state of the art "electronic" alignment
equipment will tell you if the car is tracking straight front and rear as someone had
thought might be Arts problem. The last time I had my Acura aligned it was amazing the detail that
the alignment equipment showed. I was pushed into a center divider trying to avoid a
numb skull driver and bent an upper control arm in the rear and they were able to isolate
it and tell me where my problem was.

Art if you don't find bushing problems you might want to take it to
Performance Plus Tires on Cherry just north of the 405. They have great
electronic equipment and can tell you camber, caster, toe settings and track both front
and rear down to 1/100th of a degree and give you a print out. They might be
able to load your suspension by hand just by rotating the rear tires while on their
equipment to see if they are getting slop in the rear bushings. Just a thought.

Best regards,

Tom Borcich