[DeTomaso] Loud noise with each bump Passenger door/fuse area

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 28 22:17:36 EDT 2009

This loud screech is driving me crazy.  Each time I hit a bump a loud screech which sounds like metal on metal is heard from around the door hinge /fuse box area.  Been intermittently looking for it for almost 2 yrs.

I have checked and refitted the dash, examined everything in that area, I had recently replaced the bearings and front suspension, the door is tight, anything else in this area I may be over looking?  I have looked into it and had two different people ride in it while I sped over bumps to try and locate it.  It is kinda vague where it comes from but clearly in the area of the hinge, fuse, floor board area passenger side.

Previously I though it was my frozen inner left tie rod but after removing and loosening my overtightened rack it did not help either. When I previously removed my rack/pinion I could not move the passenger inner tie rod.
I had the rack gone through and put the bump steer kit in but I can hear feel noise in the rack when I turn the wheel around at low speed going into and out of the driveway, is that normal?

Thanks
Clay