[DeTomaso] Holley Carb jet extension-stalls on braking

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 28 19:46:52 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/28/09 12 01 30, claywillmott at hotmail.com writes:

> My engine is rebuilt and I was told had 480 HP where I bought it which
> was a total fallacy.
> It had around 270 HP on Chasis Dyno recently thus I assume it is "roughly"
> stock.  A 71 pushbutton should have 330 hp as I recall.
>
>>>That's 310 hp, and that's engine horsepower, which translates into about
230-240 at the wheels.

> I was shocked today when holley told me I had a 800 cfm also.
>
>>>Without a doubt it's too big for your motor.   FWIW my 569 hp 427
side-oiler in my Cobra made peak power with an 850 double-pumper, but driveability
was crap.   I switched to a 750 DP (which some say is 'too small' for a
pumped-up 427), perhaps gave up a little power, and gained 1000% improvement in
driveability.

I have a 700 DP on my built 351C in my Pantera and that's just about
perfect IMHO.