[DeTomaso] out board mounted rear brake hats

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 15:01:41 EDT 2009

Boyd,

I have done this in preparation for mounting on my '74. I used Sierra hats & calipers with Wilwood rotors. The particular rotor isn't as important as the caliper mounting brackets depending on what style/width rotors you want. I went for vented 1.25" rotors in 12.19" dia. 8x7.62" bolt pattern (Wilwood part #'s 160-2900 & 2901). You can get the same rotor in 0.81" thickness (part #'s 160-8474 & 8475) if that suits your current calipers better, but you'll still be making mounting brackets to move the calipers out as that is a larger rotor than stock.

The Sierra hats are a Larry Stock exclusive as he purchases blanks and drills them for the 4.5 x 5 bolt pattern. Just an FYI for the fronts I used an off the shelf Wilwood hat part # 170-0635

Sierra will refer you to Larry if you enquire about their hats/calipers for a Pantera, but I found his prices not too overinflated to Sierra's direct pricing. You will likely need to change your studs for ones with a slightly shorter shoulder length in the process (or chamfer the back of your wheel mounting holes) as the hats are thinner than the oem rotors.

It will push your wheels further out by the thickness of the hat, which is about 0.3".

Julian