[DeTomaso] Exhaust Temps

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jul 25 19:43:36 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/25/09 14 25 12, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> Along with the wire insulators, I'm going to add some header wrap. What
> temps do the headers see right at the head location?

Ooh, probably a bad idea.   Header wrap works, but it makes your headers
disposable.   It traps the heat inside and literally cooks the metal at the
molecular level.   Works fine for roundy-round racers that buy their headers
for $100 a set and throw them away at the end of the season, but definitely
not smart on something expensive like your 180s that you're trying to
preserve.

Either ceramic coat them, or just leave them alone....