[DeTomaso] Charcoal Canister

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jul 23 02:04:50 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/22/09 8:42:08 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> If a person wanted to ditch the stock charcoal canister, would anyone try
> to talk them out of it?  And if not, where would you route the leftover
> lines?

I for one would not. A chacoal cannister is saturated and essentialy
useless after a few years of use (exact amount unknown). And since its only
function is to absorb and store fumes from the fuel tank, then feed them into the
intake later to be burnt. I run a line from the tank vent directly to the
air cleaner, with a little foam filter made for this purpose (NAPA part)
mounted inside the aircleaner. For the worriers, the foam thingy not only
provides clean filtered air into the tank during running (to replace fuel burnt),
it acts like a flash suppressor in the event of a big backfire. FWIW- J
Deryke