[DeTomaso] Charcoal Canister

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 23 00:59:46 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/22/09 20 42 11, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> If a  person wanted to ditch the stock charcoal canister, would anyone
> try to talk them out of it?  And if not, where would you route the
> leftover lines?

Whether it still has any function is debatable.   Mine is currently not
installed because both my water bottles are mounted alongside the engine (the
rearmost stock bracket, normally welded to the inner wheelhouse, was cut away
at some point in my car's past).   My gas tank therefore vents to the
ground with a hose.   But in your case, I can't see a compelling reason to
actually remove the system.   If nothing else, when overfilling the tank, it keeps
the gas from dumping on the ground; instead it just goes into the canister,
and the fumes are eventually sucked into the engine or evaporate.