[DeTomaso] original block question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 19:46:14 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/22/09 7 57 2, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> I have a new motor in my Pantera, and was told I should keep the old one
> in case someone ever wants to buy the car and have the original motor
> included in the sale (for increased resale value).
>
> 1) Is this a good idea, or because Panteras are so often modified anyway,
> is it a moot point?
>
>>>It's probably somewhat of a moot point.   If you're committed to your
new engine and its architecture (you switched to a Windsor, right?), there's
little chance you'll ever switch back.

> 2) If it is a good idea to keep the original, can I sell all the parts
> except the block and be OK, or are there other engine parts I need to keep so
> it will still be classified as "the original engine?"
>

>>>The Pantera engine has numerous Pantera-specific parts on it--the intake
manifold, pulleys, A/C bracket, idler pulley bracket, etc.   So unless you
were selling your 351C to another Pantera owner who was starting from
scratch, if you're selling it to a Mustang guy or whatever, I'd definitely remove
all the Pantera parts from it.

Do you still have all the original smog equipment, stock carburetor/intake,
etc.?