[DeTomaso] Distributor gear

Jørn C. Olsen joernco at online.no
Wed Jul 22 18:04:48 EDT 2009

Hi all!

This questrion has probably been asked and answered a lot of times already
but I do it again!

Have tried to send the question both to MSD Ignition and Comp Cams but they
don`t answer me!

When I pulled my MSD Pro Billet distributor (p.nr. 8577) for replacing the
magnetic pickup who failed I also became aware that my bronce gear was badly
worn down (again)!

I have an Comp Cams Solid Roller cam (288R) in the engine.

Some engine “gurus” says I can only use bronce or composite gear on this cam
setup and some others says I can and shall use a steel gear.

So,  I`m confused and tried to get some answers from the manufacturers but
they don`t reply!

I can`t find any other replacement gear then an iron gear for this
distributor on MSD Ignition web site either!

Anybody?

J.C. Olsen

Norway