[DeTomaso] Palos Verdes CA Concours needs a dozen good Panteras

Richard Barkley rlbpantera at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 22 16:28:02 EDT 2009

The short story: the PV Concours is including a "Custom Pantera" class
in this years event (Sun. Sept. 13, 2009). It is held at Trump's golf
club on the Palos Verdes peninsula about 20 mi. south of the Los Angeles
CA airport.

Andrew Kaperonis is the class manager and has asked me to help him find
about 12 cars. I suggested that one of the cars should be a "track car"
and after thinking about it, they agree. If any of you own or know of
any candidate cars, please contact Andrew or me ASAP. His contact info
is andrewkaperonis at yahoo.com 310-980-5893. Mine is below. Andrew had 6
cars lined up already but two have just dropped out due to the conflict
with the Belmont Shores event. He is starting to panic. We need to come
to his aid!

Some more details:

The Palos Verdes Concours D'Elegance is arguably the 2nd (to Pebble
Beach) most prestigious Concours on the West Coast. It is held at the
Trump National Golf Club on the PV Peninsula overlooking the Pacific.
This year their theme is "All Things Italian" and the featured marque is
Maserati.  It's actually a 3 day event if you want it to be. Bob
Bondurant is the Grand Marshal.

Here's the good news! They really mean "All Things Italian" and have a
class just for us: Custom Pantera. They realize that stock Panteras are
very rare and Concours quality ones even rarer. I helped them come to
that conclusion 4 years ago when they were looking for a few Panteras,
got excited after seeing a few non-stock cars and created a Modified
Pantera class. Paul Rimov, Tom Bechtel (the winner with a fabulous red
4.6L conversion car which they used in their web site splash the
following year), Richard Plotkin, Paul Westphal, Darren Shockey, myself
and a 2 more I can't remember all showed our cars. The crowd loved them.
The want us back. I probably don't have to remind most of you but real
Concours events rarely include our cars, especially non stock ones so
this is a rare opportunity. Actually the event four years ago originally
planned a Hot Rod class which became the Modified Pantera class after
they got excited about Panteras.

http://www.pvconcours.com/home.htm
http://www.pvconcours.com/winners_2008.htm to see last years winners.

Hope to hear from a lot of you.
Richard

--
-----
Sincerely, Richard Barkley

To Ski or not to Ski, that is the question!

Richard Barkley (310) 373-6695 (home)
E-mail:  rlbpantera <atsign> earthlink.net
ZONKEY'S home page: http://home.earthlink.net/~rlbpantera
Mammoth Lakes Vacation Condo: 2BR+loft/3Bath - Horizons 4 #186 (760)
934-6758
Condo web address: http://home.earthlink.net/~rbarkley