[DeTomaso] Hall Stainless Tube Set

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 14:04:45 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/22/09 10:14:03 AM, doug at silicondesigns.com writes:

> Are the pipes mandrel bent?  Would it be possible for you to post some
> pics since Hall's site doesn't seem to have any pics.

The tubes are in fact mandrel-bent with full diameters in the bent areas.
IMHO, the most valuable is the one that attaches to the waterpump, since
clearance around the gearshift shaft is critical. OEM multi-bend hoses wear thru
at this point, which is why Ford redesigned that area for the complex
bent-steel pipe (Tech Service bulletin) for the L models. There's some sort of
coating on the polished pipes that must be abraded off before one can reliably
weld or braze on them. And the bracket-less pipe that used to bolt to the
right subframe rail really doesn't need to be tied down firmly. I can't
detect any noises from mine with no bracket. Anyway, I cut away a semi-circle of
the frame-rail pinch-weld which gives an extra half-inch of clearance in
that area. THis is MUCH easier done with the engine etc out of the way!   FWIW-
J Deryke