[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 60, Issue 22- SS Tubes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 13:38:53 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/22/09 8:58:14 AM, RCBSONS1 at aol.com writes:

> I had the kid who did my roll cage cut and fit that one tube It has
> approx 5 or 6 welds on a polished
> ss tube... when I got it back I did not even need to polish the welds..
> not sure what he used but good stuff

Probably used stainless welding rod. Once the blue color from welding heat
is polished off, its very close to the shiny original. This is what I used
when I repaired the wear damage on my original shift-stick, where it rubbed
the shift gate. No rechroming necesssary. But if you don't have a TIG handy,
plain-vanilla brazing works. Thanks- J Deryke