[DeTomaso] Lambo Pearl Orange

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:08:54 EDT 2009

Bill,

I have not seen a Pantera that color but have seen several Lambos that
color.

It's a 50 ft color as far as I'm concerned, looks great until you get close
and then it looks like an Orange Creme Ice Cream bar taht is melting
The metallic ( pearl ) quality looks washed out up close and would be IMHO a
Major challenge to repair any stone chips, scratches or minor body damage
without standing out like a sore thumb.

It would require coats and coats of clear to looks very deep, that means a
greater risking of cracking in later years.

Personally, the 1965 Competition Orange ( not the real name )  that was
available on 1965 Mustang Fastbacks is a better choice for
being a bright attention getter.  Pearls weren't common on anything but in
71 except show cars and T Buckets ( sure somebody will state that they know
a car that offered some selections ) but over all, it's not of the period
for the car.
I also think the Dodge, Go Man Go Orange is an awesome color, from the same
family as SubLime, Catch Me Copper and Plum Crazy.

I hate to think about damage to the cars, mine or yours, but keeping that in
mind, I'd select a paint finish that could be maintained for years and years
without having to drop major cash and a whole repaint if any damage does
occur.

Just my thoughts,

Michael Shortt